Just a stone’s throw from Spain, close to the Pyrenees and an hour from the Atlantic coast, Pau, second city of Aquitaine, is ideally situated.
With its 80 000 inhabitants, Pau is a medium-sized town where it is very pleasant to live: rich and diverse cultural life high-quality activities and sporting facilities, accessible transport, rent-controlled housing, etc.
The ENSGTI is located 10 minutes from downtown, on the campus of the UPPA (Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour), an interdisciplinary human-sized university which enables students to enjoy an ideal working environment.
The CROUS (Centre régional des œuvres universitaires – Regional students’ welfare office) offers furnished accommodation (close to the UPPA campus) intended first and foremost for students with scholarships from the French government and publishes advertisements from private landlords. The School also releases contact details regarding housing that used to be occupied by former students.
Housing assistance :
CAF – 5 Rue Louis Barthou, 64000 Pau – 08 10 25 64 20
Conseil Régional d’Aquitaine avec la garantie « Clé Aquitaine »
3 university restaurants on the campus (Campus map)
. Cultural facilities:
– Cinema Méga CGR (including Méga CGR Pau Université)
– Cinema Le Méliès
– The Centrifugeuse (auditorium of the University)
– Théâtre St Louis
– Théâtre Monte-Charge
– Espace pluriels – Théâtre Saragosse
. Sporting equipment:
– Halle des Sports of the UPPA with the Structure Artificielle d’escalade (climbing wall) which is the largest indoor public structure in France
– Stade d’Eaux Vives Pau Pyrénées
– Complexe de Pelote Jaï Alaï
To attend games involving the Section Paloise (French rugby union) or the Élan Béarnais (French professional basketball club) or to see the grand meeting d’hiver (horse racing)
– Stade du Hameau
– Hippodrome du Pont Long
Finally, the towns of the urban area of Pau (Lescar, Billère, Lons, Gelos…) have many clubs which allow to practise sports at all levels.
MAJOR EVENTS IN PAU AND ITS SURROUNDINGS
– Festival Accès (electronic cultures)
– «Pau fête le livre» (book fair)
– Carnaval Biarnès
– The Grand Prix de Pau and the Grand Prix Historique (auto races)
– The «Etoiles de Pau» (horse eventing competition)
– Make Music Day
– Festival Emmaüs
– Festival Hestiv’oc